Join our young and dynamic team
Intermediate WordPress Website Designer
A Digital Marketing Agency based in Cape Town is looking for an ambitious & talented Intermediate level Web Designer to join our team and that is ready to start immediately or at least part time initially if they are still working.
Your primary role will be to design, build and maintain WordPress websites for clients in the US, UK, Canada and South Africa. The ideal should have at least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role including proven website design work and strong proficiency with WordPress, WooCommerce and SEO optimisation. You should be comfortable working from minimalist client briefs and be able to complete projects on your own as well as with the rest of the team.
NB: If you are not comfortable working remotely on solo projects with fixed deadlines and occasionally non-standard work hours when a client requires urgent work then this is not for you,
- Design and develop on-brand digital products for a variety of digital channels: websites, social media advertising, print ad campaigns, email templates, brand campaigns and ecommerce products.
- Collaborate with a remote team to deliver sites and other digital assets that are conceptually strong, brand-appropriate, aligns with brand standards and meets functional requirements.
- Take briefs from concept to roll-out.
- Work with the Project Managers, Co-Designers, and Co-Developers to execute.
- Participate in briefing and brainstorming sessions to share ideas.
- Scope on briefs and provide time estimates to the management team.
- Assist in selecting appropriate graphic media and styles for projects and campaigns.
- Stay on top of trends, technologies, and useful tools in the field.
- Maintain websites and SEO on an ongoing basis
- Produce maintenance and SEO Reports
- Work on white label projects with other marketing firm teams
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Relevant Website Design Diploma or similar tertiary qualification.
- Strong competence in WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, HTTP, SEO Optimisation and Strategy
Additional competences that would help put you above other candidates: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, any graphic design capabilities, video editing skills.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in designing and developing [remove]custom websites (not WordPress templates)
- Able to uphold brand style guidelines and produce appropriate work.
- A strong design portfolio, including examples of website design and building work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage time effectively, ability to multitask, track your time, work remotely, and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews work carefully and maintains quality control.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to clients.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV, a link to your 5 best websites and a short cover letter to [email protected]
Please note, if you do not receive a response in two weeks, your application has not been successful.